As teachers you stand upon the highest peak in education, for what teaching can compare in priceless value and in far-reaching effect with that which deals with man as he was in the eternity of yesterday, as he is in the mortality of today, and as he will be in the forever of tomorrow. Not only time but eternity is your field

-J. Reuben Clark Jr.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

All we can do...

I have been a slacker on my updates but life has been crazy busy! I am now into my 9th week as a real (intern) teacher! It has been so much fun and so crazy busy! My students are the cutest and I am going to miss them while we are off but I am also so ready to take a break! They are too… More on that later!

I have 28 little cuties and they are great! We have had some fun with our read aloud’s and we are currently reading the Wayside School series. My students thought it would be fun to put their name in for the actual character in the story so each day we read a new story about a kid in our class ;) They love it! I got to thinking… ‘I haven’t been on my blog much and I can’t use students names but, what if I use the wayside names instead???’ so that is what I shall do! Starting with my crazy day… By the end of the day I was ready to say goodbye for three weeks (sad thing is it is only Tuesday…)

Things were a little crazy in the morning… the students are ready to go on a break and I don’t blame them. But nothing really happened until after lunch. I was in the room talking to my facilitator (In a sense my mentor teacher) when one of my students, Eric Bacon, came in with broken glasses. My facilitator (Amazing woman she is) was able to help him but they had to go to the main office to find a small screwdriver.

Meanwhile… back in the classroom students were returning to class. Eric Fry comes in balling, full on tears! I tried to calm him down all the while students are everywhere trying to get my attention (That’s just what happens). I finally calm him enough to speak and what does he say???

Eric Fry: Eric Bacon was kidnapped! He didn’t come in from recess
Me (thinking that he was still in the office): It’s okay he came in to talk to me.
Eric Fry: No, he walked past the office and someone took him.
Me (seeing there was no way to calm this child): Okay come with me.
**We started walking to the office where we see none other then Eric Bacon**
Eric Bacon: Miss Fiso, the principal wants to see Joy.
Me: Umm okay (by now we were back to class) Joy, will you come here a second, the principal needs to talk to you.
**Start my read aloud with the students**
Intercom: Miss Fiso, we need Allison to come down to the office.
Me: Okay, Allison you can head on down to the office.
**Continue reading**
Principal: Miss Fiso, I’m sorry to interrupt but I need to talk to your class… (Apparently my class was responsible for creating a rumor, it spread to first grade, that there was a kidnapper, with a gun going around the school looking for kids to steal… In reality it was someone’s grandpa who needed to use the restroom.)

Sidenote: I had to send 3 of my boys down to the principal’s office yesterday because they were fighting. The week can only get better, right???


I really do have an amazing class! They are marvelous. In fact, I told another teacher what happened and she responded with a shocked face “Your class?” See the little cuties are usually so good… They are just ready for a break… I don’t blame them!


No comments:

Post a Comment