As teachers you stand upon the highest peak in education, for what teaching can compare in priceless value and in far-reaching effect with that which deals with man as he was in the eternity of yesterday, as he is in the mortality of today, and as he will be in the forever of tomorrow. Not only time but eternity is your field

-J. Reuben Clark Jr.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Do all the things!

This internship has been the greatest thing but it has also kept me incredibly busy. We started Thursday and since then things have been nonstop! I love my students each one of them has their own great personality and they are so sweet to me... Friday morning was the parent morning. Parents scare me, even though they were all really kind. I had the worst case of nerves meeting the parents. I would much rather do the first day of school again and again. In case you were wondering, a teacher really can never finish all of their work (although it might be harder for me to be an intern because so much more is expected of me). I am supposed to put in a record of an evaluation for EVERY lesson I teach! Do you know how many lessons are taught in a day!? Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up as far as my record keeping goes...

Also, I felt like pictures so here you are:

My classroom job chart (don't you love all the colors?) and bookshelf 

My calendar, birthday chart, and sound board (it tells the students how loud they can be)


My mess, I still don't have everything organized. But I really don't have a place to put everything because....


The classroom belongs to another, see all her stuff in this corner... 

... and this corner? It is also in all the cabinets. In other words, I have no space for anything!

A view of my desk that I never use and the table that I constantly congregate to with all of my clutter.

Also, this is the only picture I took of myself the first week of the internship.
See that excitement!? I'm a teacher now!!!

One more... Isn't this video the cutest? (They are at school so I feel justified sharing it).




No comments:

Post a Comment